Mary Suthers Flute Student Achievements
I'm very proud of my flute student's accomplishments!
My flute students perform in:
- Honor Bands (CMEA-Cap Section, All-Northern, and All-State), often as Section Leaders
- The Sacramento Youth Symphony Orchestras and Flute Choirs
- High School, Junior High School, and Elementary School Band programs as Section Leaders.
- Choral events as a Flute Accompanist
- School Recitals as Soloists
- Chamber groups for special events, churches and the Sacramento Flute Club
What students and parents say about Mrs. Suthers:
- "You are the most amazing flute teacher to walk on this planet!"
- "Thanks so much for all you do to make my flute studies fun and productive!"
- "You play great and lessons are such a blast! You Rock!!!"
- "Thank you for being such a great flute teacher. It has been a lot of fun!"
- "Thanks for being such a patient teacher. I am really enjoying flute lessons and learning a lot."
- "For the many hours, patience, t.l.c., encouragement and enthusiasm...thank you"
- "I've really enjoyed taking flute lessons from you; I've learned a lot. I enjoy your humor, patience, and optimism. You said at the beginning that you wanted me to enjoy playing the flute and I certainly enjoyed my lessons."
- "Thank you for being a fantastic teacher! I enjoy being your student so much and I always look forward to learning new things every week. Thank you so much for preparing me so well for all of my auditions, concerts, honor bands, and everything else! I really appreciate everything you do..."
- "Thank you so much for giving my daughter a wonderful education in such a caring, loving, fun way."
- "My daughter really enjoys her time with you and it makes such a positive difference in her ability. You are truly an amazing teacher and person!"
- "You're an awesome flute player and extremely dedicated"
- "When I am older, I wish to be a flute teacher and to be in a Flute Choir."
- "I am so thankful for all of your support throughout the years; for your support of my flute endeavors and for giving me an excellent foundation for my musical success."
I have extensive experience as a parent and a teacher in guiding young musicians through the myriad of musical choices. My own children are quite successful in their music with my eldest having completed her Masters and Bachelors in French Horn Performance from the top schools in the nation. She is now a freelance musician and teacher in Chicago. My youngest continues his trumpet playing as the Lead Trumpet in the top Jazz Ensemble at Chico State along with side gigs while majoring in Business.
Additional references available upon request.
Copyright © 2015 Mary Suthers Flute Studio